Carletonville Council ( Merafong )

About:

A mine engineer from a gold mining company Gold Fields, Guy Carleton Jones, played a prominent role in the discovery of the so-called West Wits line Gold Reef, of which Carletonville forms part. The town Carletonvile was named after him. As a result of the strategic location and already developed Oberholzer district, the Gold Fields Mine Group decided in November 1946 to establish a town. Carletonville was proclaimed in 1948 and attained Town Council Status on 1 July 1959.

Contact Information

Telephone: +27 18 788 9500
Fax: (018) 788 9529

Physical Address:
Helite Street
Carletonville
2500

Postal Address
P.O. Box 3
Carletonville
South Africa
2500

Email: cespies@merafong.gov.za

http://www.merafong.gov.za/default.aspx

Social